13 November 2010

6 things not to say

1. I’ll call you – don’t say it if you’re not going to do it. Where’s your integrity?

2. I want... You have to... or Give me... I would like... Could you please... May I please have... Manners, people!

3. What are you doing tomorrow? – it depends. If you have a spare ticket to an Ani DiFranco concert – nothing. If you want me to help you move house – there's a neuropsychology class I can't miss.

4. I told you so – I know you did; I was there. How about some support and empathy instead of gloating, eh?

5. Heads up, pushing the envelope, hit the ground running, on the same page or any other business jargonesque phrase masquerading as English.

6. It's not my job – try: Unfortunately, I can't help you with that. I’ll be happy to find someone who can. Or better still, just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment