15 October 2010

5 things that sex guys up

You look at a guy. He's okay. He's not bad. He's average. And then he does something that really works for you and his sex appeal goes 'zing!' (Well, it does in my book, anyway.)

Here are five weird things that instantly sex guys up for me:

1. Cooking - his sex appeal ramps up if he’s comfortable producing something a bit more complex and healthy than tinned braised steak and onion on toast. Adding cream cheese and/or tomato sauce does not count as ‘more complex’. Using the jaffle maker doesn’t help either, even if he remembers to put the butter on the outside. There is very little sexier than a man who cooks – except maybe a man who cooks and then cleans up.

2. Shaving with lots of foam and a cutthroat razor - primal, dangerous and sensual all at once. Flick the Phillips cordless, guys. No Norman Gunston blood blotters, though. Iiieeew!

3. Splitting wood - maybe it’s the sweat, maybe it’s the muscles (and maybe it’s just the fact that I don’t have to do it!). In any case, don’t ask me why, but watching a man split firewood logs, sure gets me going.

4. Picking up litter - not riffling through garbage cans in search of recyclable glass or edible food scraps. Rather, bothering to stop and pick up that lolly wrapper that fell from his pocket, the sticky note that blew off his folder or the water bottle that bounced off the bin rim. A social conscience is sexy.

5. Talking to a child on the little one’s level - I saw a fellow pause outside my office building and squat down to explain to his worried little girl that the automatic doors would not actually close on her or gobble her up like a cupcake. I was a veritable puddle after watching that scene.

Let me know the little things you think turns a guy from so-so to sexy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm all about a hammer. I like a man who can. When I was single, I was asked what was on my List. My response? I want a guy who reads books and puts up shelves. That's it. Covers everything when you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life, I'm with you on the hammer. I've always fancied a man who could provide a good bang but still nail all the important things in life. LOL

    ReplyDelete