18 July 2010

If I were retired...


If I were retired. I’d get up at sensible o’clock and make breakfast. I’d drink my tea while I checked my email, read the paper online and updated my blog.

Then, I’d take a shower and do a little housework before doing something fun: clothes shopping, visiting, baking, writing, doing volunteer work, meditating, riding my motorbike, beach walking, playing computer games or reading.

Later in the afternoon, I’d go to the gym or walk the dog. On the way home, I’d pick up any groceries we needed.

Then, I’d make dinner and spend the evening relaxing with a book or a DVD, going to the theatre or talking on the phone.

If that all became boring, I’d take on projects like renovating the house, making a vegie patch and learning leadlight. I’d sort all my photos, swim with a dolphin, make a claymation movie, learn to sail and volunteer abroad. I’d hand make cards, do Outward Bound, learn to surf and test drive a Ferrari. I’d travel to Greece, Mexico and Egypt, figure out how to juggle, water ski and learn to make sushi and soufflés.

Come to think of it, why wait until I retire? I think I’ll do some of that stuff now!

1 comment:

  1. Here Here ... just about 1000 days and it will be a happening thinnnng...

    ReplyDelete