10 July 2010

Top 10 'I feel old' moments


1. My son asked me, ‘Mum, what are those big black CDs called?’

2. The sales guy in Angus & Robertson called me ma’am.

3. In 2004. my daughter thought I was cool for knowing the lyrics to Summer Rain by Slinkee Minx (I didn’t have the heart to tell her Belinda Carlisle did it first in the 80s).

4. My daughter told me I wasn’t embarrassed to change in the gym because I ‘didn’t need to worry about all that anymore’. (Believe it or not, she’s still alive.)

5. I dragged out an old manual typewriter and my daughter didn’t know what it was.

6. My daughter didn’t know Mr Snuffleupagus was originally invisible.

7. I went in to a costume hire place for an 80s party and they tried to rent me a dress I’m sure I once owned.

8. I found events that I actually remember in a history book.

9. I realise people turning 18 this year were born in 1992.

It’s not all bad, though.

10. When I was 14 and heading home from my part time job, I was stoked when a mother said to her little boy, ‘Stand up and give the lady your seat.’ Wow, I was sooo grown up!

Actually, maybe it is all bad. That was 26 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment