21 July 2010

Time to rethink


Hi [online retailer that sells books and other items],

Has it occurred to you that offering someone discounts and prizes for buying items similar to those they recently paid full price for (with no freebies or bonus items) has a tendency to make said person feel as though they were ripped off the first time round?

Further, consider this: sending me a bunch of emails about buying watches is a little like closing the gate after the horse has bolted. I bought two watches from you this month. I only have two arms. Do the math.

Perhaps your marketing department needs to have a little rethink about your strategies.

Send me offers about shoes or barbells. But give me a break. I haven't even received my two watch purchases yet.

The Monstress


Image: healingdream

No comments:

Post a Comment