29 December 2010

Hotmail and iPhones

What is it with Hotmail and iPhones? Like ice cream and anchovies, they just don’t mix.

The web’s bulletin boards are full of plaintive posts and weird workarounds to make Hotmail (more or less) work on an iPhone.

What the web is not full of is comment, reassurance or solutions from Microsoft or Apple.

I refuse to believe that people who are clever enough to cause a photo of the teen’s soon-to-arrive kitten to be in Geelong one second and in Hobart the next are unable to tweak said technology so that I don’t have to email the photo from my Hotmail account via Gmail.

I also refuse to believe that people who can turn my iPhone in to everything from a torch to a mirror can not spend half a nanosecond developing an app to make Hotmail work.

Is there some geeky pissing contest going on in the background that we can only guess at? If so, I wish these tossers would just build a bridge – and an iPhone app for Hotmail.


Image: Idea go

No comments:

Post a Comment