21 August 2010

6 superstitions of the stars

I probably should have posted this earlier in the month for Friday 13th – but I hadn’t thought of it yet!

1. Charms

Cameron Diaz keeps lucky charms - like a necklace given to her by a friend that's supposed to ward off the effects of aging - and she ‘knocks on wood all day long’.

When Geoffrey Rush was up for Oscar honors for Shine, he said he wouldn't be without the plastic Daffy Duck figure in his pocket.

And Cate Blanchett reportedly keeps her Lord of the Rings elf ears on her mantle for luck.

Robin Williams' lucky charm is a carved ivory trinket that belonged to his late father.

Meat Loaf won't go anywhere on the road without Mandy and Marietta, his two stuffed bears.

2. Crystals

Richard Gere, Sharon Stone and Cybill Shepherd are said to believe in the energy and healing powers of crystals.

3. Sex

Lady Gaga has superstitions about sex. She says ‘I have this weird thing that if I sleep with someone they’re going to take my creativity from me through my vagina.’ She aint called ‘gaga’ for nothing.

4. Clothes

Ever noticed that Tiger Woods tends to wear red on Sunday? It’s because his astrology-loving mama believes that red is his lucky color. He might want to start wearing it all the time.

Serena Williams attributes her success to her lucky sandals and Grey’s Anatomy heartthrob Patrick Dempsey takes his lucky charm (his red Puma racing shoes) everywhere, ‘no matter what’. Those shoes are probably pretty ripe by now…

5. OCD behaviours

World Cup footballer Laurent Blanc kisses the top of a bald man's head before each game.

Poppy Montgomery says: ‘I don't step on cracks and I don't like to put my black and white clothes together.’ (Neither do I - at least not in the front loader.)

Paris Hilton knocks on wood if someone says something she doesn't want to happen. And she makes a wish at 11:11.

James McAvoy says, ‘On the first of every month I have to say “White Rabbit” to the first person I see. My grandmother taught me that, it's good luck to say it.’ (Would purple cow work? Chatreuse giraffe, perhaps?)

Sorry, Melbourne. Axl Rose supposedly won’t book a gig in a city that starts with the letter ‘M’. Why? The letter is cursed.

6. Flying

Jennifer Aniston gets superstitious when it comes to flying. “If I walk onto an airplane, I always have to go on with my right foot first and tap the outside of the plane,” she says. Hey, it’s either that or take a Xanax.

Megan Fox also has a ritual for flying. She always listens to Britney Spears on aeroplanes because, ‘it’s not my destiny to die listening to a Britney Spears album.’


Image: Suat Eman

No comments:

Post a Comment